eec Speakers Bureau
Email marketing generates an estimated return on investment of $45.06 for every dollar spent on it, according to the DMA. That return outpaces the ROI of search, direct mail and all other forms of marketing—but we think it can be even higher. The key to higher returns lies in applying time-tested strategies, techniques and best practices to each organization’s unique subscriber base.
The eec’s Speakers Bureau Advisory Committee created this Speakers Bureau as a way to spread this industry knowledge and welcome new practitioners into the community, which is ready to help them reap the full benefits of permission-based email marketing and stay clear of pitfalls. The Speakers Bureau consists of experienced eec members who have committed to making themselves available to speak at events that currently have little or no programming about email marketing.
Are you planning an event in the continental U.S. with attendees who could benefit from learning the basics of email marketing? If you don’t already have a session on email marketing in your program, the eec’s Speakers Bureau may be able to help you find a speaker.
eec speakers can cover a wide variety of fundamental email marketing topics, including:
How Email Compliments Other Channels
- Why use email marketing?
- Email’s ROI and other statistics
- How email fits with a multichannel marketing approach
Obeying CAN-SPAM and Other Laws
- State laws
Getting and Maintaining Permission
- The different types of permission
- How to obtain permission
- Re-permissioning old addresses
Ensuring Your Emails Are Delivered
- Sender Reputation
- Bounce management
- Feedback loops
- ISP relationships
- What is email authentication?
Growing a Large and Active List
- Organic growth and retention
- Acquisition and prospecting tactics
- How to safely rent lists
- Potential brand damage
What to Send to Your Subscribers
- Create meaningful, relevant subscriber experiences
- Understanding and utilizing Reach and Frequency for building brand awareness
- Basic segmentation tactics
- Examples from great email marketing programs
Presentations can cover one or more of these topic areas depending on time and speaker availability and the desires of the event organizer.
Event organizers are responsible for covering the speaker’s travel expenses unless they are waived by the speaker. We have speakers available across the country and will try to minimize expenses for you as much as possible.
Book A Speaker
To book a speaker for an event or meeting in the continental U.S. or Canada, please complete a Speaker Request Form.
Feel free to contact us.
The following eec members have joined the Speakers Bureau and committed themselves to supporting email marketing education:
- Adam Cooke, Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager, Off Madison Ave, based in Tempe
- John Caldwell, Principal, RedPillEmail.com, based in Huntington Beach
- Phil Davis, GM, Sales & Marketing Services, Rapleaf, based in San Francisco
- Nicholas Einstein, VP, Deliverability & Strategic Services, PulsePoint, based in San Francisco
- Justin Foster, Co-Founder, LiveClicker, based in Silicon Valley
- Manny Ju, Director of Product Management, BlueHornet, a Digtial River Company, based in San Diego
- Loren McDonald, VP of Industry Relations, Silverpop, based in Danville
- George Bilbrey, Co-Founder, President, Return Path, based in Denver
- Karen Talavera, President, Synchronicity Marketing, based in Miami
- Spencer Kollas, Director of Deliverability Services, StrongMail, based in Atlanta
- Allen Nance, President & Founder, WhatCounts, based in Atlanta
- Phil Davis, GM, Sales & Marketing Services, Rapleaf, based in Chicago
- Ryan Deutsch, VP, Emerging Media, StrongMail, based in Chicago
- Liz Ryan, President, Relish Tray Media, based in Chicago
- Kara Trivunovic, Sr Director, Strategic Services, StrongMail, based outside Chicago
- Jason Baer, President, Convince & Convert, based in Bloomington
- Joel Book, Principal, Marketing Research & Education Group, ExactTarget, based in Indianapolis
- Barry Abel, VP of Field Operations, Message Systems, based in Columbia
- George Schlossnagle, President and CTO, Message Systems, based in Columbia
- Austin Bliss, President, FreshAddress, based in Boston
- Chad White, Research Director, Smith-Harmon, a Responsys company, based outside Boston
- Luke Glasner, Email Marketing Manager, based in Ramsey
- Matt Blumberg, Chairman & CEO, Return Path, based in New York
- Regina (Reggie) Brady, President, Reggie Brady Marketing Solutions, based in New York
- Jordan Cohen, VP of Business Development, Pontiflex, based in New York
- Mike Foley, Director, News Registry, Associated Press, based in New York
- Stephanie Miller, VP, Digital Messaging Solutions, Teradata, based in New York
- Jim Scova, VP of List Services, VentureDirect Worldwide, based in New York
- Craig Swerdloff, CEO, LeadSpend, based in New York
- Sal Tripi, Sr. Director of Operations and Compliance, Publishers Clearing House, based in New York
- Ted Roberts, Director of Deliverability, iContact, based in Raleigh
- Marci Hower, VP of Interactive Services, Metrics Marketing Group, based in Westlake
- John Alessi, CEO, SocketLabs, based in Philadelphia
- Justin Premick, Director of Education Marketing, AWeber, based in Philadelphia
- Dennis Dayman, Chief Privacy Officer, Eloqua, based in Dallas
- Lana McGilvray, Blast PR, based in Austin
- Dori Thompson, President, information era marketing & consulting, based in the greater Seattle area
- Jeanette Arrighi, Marketing Strategy Manager, Informz
- Robert Burko, President, EliteEmail.com, based in Toronto, Ontario
- Andrew O'Halloran, Chief Privacy Officer - Industry Relations, Cypra Media, based in Montreal, Quebec
If you’re an eec member and would like to join the Speakers Bureau, please complete the Speaker Application Form. All applications are reviewed by the members of the Speakers Bureau Advisory Committee.
Thank you for your interest and involvement.