Effective date 5/2006
Information Collection & Use
The Email Experience Council is the sole owner of the information collected on our website. We do not sell, share or rent this information to third parties or partners. The information collected on our site is used exclusively to determine the most appropriate information to present or send to those who request it.
Information collected at this site includes:
- Email newsletter or opt-in submissions for education and events updates or partner messages: Requires visitors to give us contact information including their email address and their name.
- Membership Requests: This information is used only to screen potential council members and contact them.
- Membership Account Information: Contact information that you submit online is used to allow members to access restricted parts of the website; for joining and renewal purposes and to showcase your brand and designated contacts on our online membership/sponsorship directory as appropriate.
- Log Files: We use IP addresses to monitor our site and collect aggregate data for future use. IP addresses are anonymous and are not linked to any individual's personal information.
- Cookies: The Email Experience Council uses session ID cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. Session ID cookies expire when you close your browser.
- Client-side cookies are also used to track and measure the success of a particular marketing campaign. Cookies are in no way linked to any personally identifiable information.
Security & Privacy
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our members is of utmost concern to us.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website.
Update & Choice
All email sent by The Email Experience Council will contain clear and concise instructions (such as clicking on the link at the bottom of an email) for how to opt-out of receiving future communications.
Upon request at the firstname.lastname@example.org we provide site visitors with access to all information that we maintain about them.
Links and Other Documents
The Email Experience Council website contains links to other sites, documents and other materials. The Email Experience Council is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their policies may differ from ours.
Notification of Changes
Please be assured that we take your concerns about privacy quite seriously, and we intend to take every reasonable effort to protect your privacy. If you have any questions about eec’s privacy practices, please contact eec:
The DMA Email Experience Council
1615 L Street NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20036
Fax: (202) 955-0085